Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's official!

Braedon lost his first tooth today!

It was so close and I had a feeling it was coming out today. I had another look at it this morning when he got up and it was hanging on by a thread. I told him to play with it as much as he could and to use his tongue to push on it to help loosen it up and to make sure he didn't swallow it at lunch LOL! I was actually pretty surprised that it was still in when I picked him up from school this afternoon.

So we ran home quickly since I have class on Wednesday nights. I grabbed all my stuff, packed my dinner and snacks for the boys to eat on the way to Chris' work. It didn't even occur to me that it would be hard for him to eat the apple he had requested..duh! He also asked for grapes since that is what I was packing for Cohen. So we rush out the door snacks and drinks in hand, get all everyone loaded up and ready to go. I literally get 2 minutes down the road (talking to Chris to let him know we were on our way) and Braedon yells "Mommy mommy! My tooth came out!!".."What?!"..."Yeah I was eating a grape and it just came out...here it is"...Yeah phone in one hand, steering wheel in the other...hold phone with shoulder, attempt to drive with knee while I reach behind me to get the tooth before he dropped it. You know, this scene is kind of ironic...you know with all my carseat safety knowledge and all...yeah lets get them all buckled in nice and tight and then attempt the knee steering, holding a phone with my shoulder and reaching behind me..oh well!

He was so excited and he wanted me to call the tooth fairy right then and there...then he wanted her number and promised he wouldn't tell any of the other kids what it was! Oh geez!

The real adventure came when I got home from class. My first attempt at playing tooth fairy which means getting the tooth pillow out from under the regular pillow which had his precious little sleeping head. Now normally, he sleeps pretty soundly..BUT not tonight! I had a plan in place though and it worked out perfectly since I had class tonight. The plan was to go in there and attempt to swap the tooth for money but if he woke up, I would just give him a hug and kiss to let him know I was home. While giving him a hug, I would reach under his pillow to grap the tooth pillow then let him go back to sleep before replacing it. BRILLIANT, right?! Well that's exactly how it went. He woke up the instant I opened his door..nice..I gave him a hug, conveniently slipped my hand under his pillow and grabbed it. Oh and by the way, thanks Grandma Di for the awesome tooth pillow but next time, let's get one WITHOUT VELCRO :D Luckily I had stepped out his room to make sure he didn't suspect anything..I mean, he is a genius and EXTREMELY observant which makes this even harder. I replaced the tooth with the money and waited for him to go back to sleep...then I oh so carefully crept back in his room, slid it back under his pillow and crept back out to which I found my oh so wonderful husband right next to me to scare the bejesus out of me and almost ruin the whole being quiet thing. He rustled around for a second and then went right back to snoring!

I can't wait to see his face in the morning when he discovers his money! Oh the magic of childhood!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Braedon!!! 1 down, many more to come.

    I've always wondered how hard it would be to play tooth fairy and not wake up your kid. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete