Monday, January 25, 2010

School for me!

And I am still maintaing an A average in school! Yipee! I completed my 4th class last Wednesday and my final grade was finally posted. I have 3 A's and 1 A- :-) I start yet another class on Wednesday which technically starts my second semester.

I feel like I am a professional student and I've been working on my degree for a very long time. August '08 I decided enough was enough and I dedicated myself to finishing what I had started so long ago. The online program at University of Phoenix was exactly what I needed. Looking over the program, I knew I would need to make a campus class or two work. Math is not my strong point and my degree program requires a Statistics class, Accounting, and Finance. I wanted to get accustomed to the campus class so I talked it over with Chris and took a ground class so I would be prepared as to how it works and the committment it takes to be in class. Turns out, I loved it and the schedule works well for us. My classes are every Wednesday night from 6-10. Braedon gets out of school at 3, we come home for a quick snack, and the boys and I head out to meet Chris at work. We swap cars, Chris takes the boys home and I go to class. I like the relief of pressure I get from taking a ground class. Sure, I have to be there every Wed but aside from writing my paper (or whatever the weekly assignment is) I don't have to worry about school or participation or checking in the rest of the week. The online format requires you to participate 4 days per week.

My goal is to finish my degree by June '11. With all my transfer credits and classes I've taken so far, I am set to finish October-ish '11 but I really want to be able to walk at graduation. This means I need to "double up" on classes a handful of times to get there. 2 classes may not seem like a lot but the classes are excelerated which means a class that normally takes 16 weeks (a "normal" semester) is scrunched into 5 weeks so it will be intense..but I know I can handle it. I will take 1 online class and 1 ground class to help with the intensity of it.

Oh and to top it off, Chris is *finally* going back to school as well. He was supposed to start in August with me but he wasn't there yet. He has completed all his paperwork and should be starting Feb. 2 :-)

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, you finally managed to get get Chris on board!!! That is awesome. Time will fly by before you know it and you will be walking across that stage! Yay to both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete