Thursday, January 28, 2010

Living vicariously

As the mom of 2 boys, I often long to have a baby girl to dress in pink and frills. A baby girl to paint nails, put ponies and pig tails in her hair, crochet head bands and hats, barrettes, and all things girly. I long for pink in my house of blue.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BOYS! Being a mom of boys has it's own special rewards. The relationship between mother and son is quite special and I find joy in my son's everyday "being a boy behavior". Sports, trucks, dirt, bugs, superhero's, and the adventure that only comes with boys. I may never get a girl to dress up in, well, pink and frills..or I may get a girl who hates pink and dresses and anything girly. I mean, she would be raised in a house of blue.

Until the day I hope to be blessed with pink, I will live vicariously through those around me with baby girls. In this case, Amy. Not only do I get to play with 1 girl, I get 2! Might I add, these beautiful twin girls are 9 months old..which means their 1st birthday is right around the corner! In a conversation today, Amy and I talked about her thoughts on decorations and color/themes. The party planner in me mixed with my love of all things girly and pink and I had WAY too much fun finding stuff! Pink and polka dots...oh the possibilities!

To top it off, a couple weeks before Addison and Riley turn 1, a very good friend, Tracy, will be welcoming her beautiful little girl, Katelyn, into the world. This means, 3 beautiful girls to spoil. Will there be 4? We shall find that out in April as well! April is shaping up to be a very exciting month!

No comments:

Post a Comment