Monday, August 10, 2009

Braedon's first day! and funny story at the end :-)

So in all fairness I wrote this yesterday and didn't post it and I'm too tired to upload pictures..I'll just leave you with this-today was a rough day for Braedon and I am at my wits end. For now, enjoy his first day story and I'll upload the first day of school pics tomorrow...and maybe tell you what happened today-when I'm up for it.

Yep..first official day of school and man there were a TON of kids there! I mean, I knew it was a K-8 school, but I guess I didn't expect that many.

So we get to the school and see everyone migrating over to the courtyard where we were previously told to drop them off but since it was the first day..

Anyway-we flagged down someone -still don't know who she was but she worked there, our best guess is Vice Principal- to find out about paying for his lunch and were directed to the Cafeteria. Lunch paid for-check

Then we waited LOL! The school is on a grant of some sort so all the kids get breakfast for free-cool deal! There was a whole line of parents that hadn't registered their kids yet-CRAZY! Let's register our kids for school on the first day...sounds like a good idea to me! Breakfast was supposed to start at 7:55 but of course, they were behind schedule because of all the new registers.

Once we got in the classroom, he hung up his backback and sat down for breakfast. I got him all squared away and I just didn't want to leave. There were a few other parents that I could tell were feeling the same way as I was. Eventually, the parents started filing out of the classroom so Chris and I followed and off we went. Chris started laughing at me (gently) because I started tearing up. "But he didn't say anything this time to make you cry"..."No, but it's official now..He's growing up".




Ok Now the funny story.

A little background first though-Chris' friend Lupe has been staying with us Mon-Fri since he lives in another city but works out near us. Lupe drives a Scion like this:
Photobucket

We were walking passed the pick up turn around and there was an H2 parked there, like this:
Photobucket

Then our conversation went like this:

B: Look Mommy! It's like Lupe's!
Me: Yeah kinda
B: When we get home, I'm gunna tell Lupe we saw a car like his..but it was bigger so it wasn't like his...but it was like his...and it was black. I'm gunna tell him K mommy?
Me: *silently laughing* Ok bud.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting through the first day of real Kindergarten. Braedon is such a silly kid. Got to love him, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me all sad and my kids still have a few years before they go to school! How will I ever deal?!

    Love the pics of the boys over on the right sidebar, btw. So handsome!

    ReplyDelete