Sunday, August 9, 2009

Is it Sunday already??

Where did this week go? Where did the weekend go?? Is it just me or did it fly by fast?

So, let's play catch up..this could get to be long!

Wednesday: This Wednesday was Kids Club at the mall and they had a special going back to school edition for all the youngsters starting school Monday. We haven't been in a few months because Cohen is a bit on the young side and Braedon is a bit on the old side..but, Braedon wanted to go one last time before school started. Since it was a back to school edition, it was geared towards the older kiddos of the group and Braedon seemed to have a good time. After that, we went to lunch and then headed to the indoor play center.

Wednesday night was meet the teacher night at school. We have already met his teacher a few times because of the jump start program he did a couple weeks back but we were able to talk to her one on one and see around the school a bit. We also found out what the bus schedule would be if he ever needed to take the bus to or from school.

Thursday: I set up an account on Meetup.com to find some play groups for Cohen since Braedon is going back to school. I found 3 groups in the area with several members and seem to have younger kids so on Thursday, one of the groups was having lunch at McDonald's. There were several older kids that hadn't started school yet so Braedon had someone to play with and Cohen did as well. He couldn't go into the slide area but they had some stationary bug toy things that he was able to play on. This was a great group of ladies and I'm looking forward to spending more time with them. I am hoping between the three groups, I will be able to take Cohen out 2-3 times per week for a couple hours.

Friday: Yay-relaxation...or whatever relaxation you can get with 2 kids. We didn't have anything planned and Braedon was in the mood to watch movies and lay low all day...so I let him :-) I even got to watch a mommy movie while Cohen was napping and Braedon was upstairs watching a movie/sleeping in my room.

Saturday: We were helping my mom move..bleh. At least the weather was kind and it was only about 105*. Last week it was way too hot reaching 122 according to my car thermometer. My mom found a great apartment and I'm hoping she will stay there for a while. They have community activities like breakfast every Saturday, movies at the pool, wine and cheese party, etc. It should be good for her and I'm hoping she'll be happy there. She's a little farther away from us than she was but not much.

That brings us to today that started off with me getting to sleep in! YAY! I had also asked Chris last night if I could go get a massage today. My dad got me a gift certificate for Mother's Day and I hadn't used it yet so after moving yesterday, I thought it would be nice. I opted for the 90 min hot stone massage which was more than the gift certificate I had but I also had a Visa giftcard from my birthday that made up the difference and I just needed a tip. It was so wonderful! A whole 90 min of quiet and relaxation. I didn't want it to be over but all good things come to an end, right?

Now I am off to get the boys ready for bed and make sure everything is set for Braedon's big day at school...his first official day. I hope I can keep it together!

1 comment:

  1. I felt like the weekend went by way to fast also. I didn't have time to update my blog. I must go do that soon.

    Sounds like all is going well and tell Braedon good luck on his first day of school.

    Yay for the massage. I need one so bad too. Maybe I will get one this weekend and make Jesse watch the girls.

    ReplyDelete