Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award

Photobucket

Thank you to Amy for giving me this award :-) I am supposed to list 7 things I am thankful for and then 7 blogs I want to pass this on to. I'm new to blogging so I only have 4 followers and 1 of them gave this to me LOL!

First things first-7 things I'm thankful for:

1 & 2: My boys-Braedon & Cohen I never knew how much love my heart could hold until I had children. Braedon is the son I never knew I always wanted. I was headed down a dark path when God gave him to me. HE knew it was time for me to settle down and I needed to get off the path I was headed. At the time, I didn't know what I was going to do but Braedon changed my life. He is my son through and through and he was always meant to be mine even if it wasn't the ideal situation at the time. And my baby boy, Cohen. I always knew I wanted more than 1 child and the prospect of another child was not in my cards for a long time. It was by sheer miracle that he was conceived. We were TTC but I was sure we had missed the window the month he was conceived. At my 20 week scan when we were finding out the gender, we found out there was a problem with his umbilical cord-he only had 2 arteries instead of the normal 3. After days of agonizing over the possibilities and problems this "could" cause, we had an in-depth scan to find out that he was perfect! There wouldn't be any underlying affects from the cord.

3: My husband, Chris. The love of my life. He came back into my life for good when Braedon was just 2 years old. It takes a special man to be a Daddy to child that isn't his. He knew we were a package deal and he never looked back. He took Braedon in as his own and promised to love me/us forever. He works hard everyday, including overtime, so I can stay home and raise our boys.

4: My family, They have always been there for me and they stepped up when I was a single mom trying to get by. They continue to be there for me to this day. My mom and I have certainly had our differences along with ups and downs but things are on the up. I have also been blessed with the best grandparents ever-Namma and Pappa. They made it a point to be a part of my life. They came down on the weekends, took us out during spring break, were there for every birthday, Christmas, holiday. My dad and step-mom have stood by me as well. Again, ups and downs with them but we are definitely back on track. Of couse, there is my brother as well. He made it home safe from Iraq and Africa, and where ever else he was and whatever else he did that he can't tell us. Lastly, my sister. As we have grown up, we've gotten closer and I hope that our relationship continues to grow.

5: My extended family-Chris' family took Braedon in as their own without looking back just as Chris did. I quite possibly have the best MIL a girl could ask for. She's always been there when we needed her, she takes Braedon on overnight trips whenever she can (and will take Cohen as soon as he's done nursing LOL!)and she is always buying the boys things-spoiling them rotten :-)

6: My friends, real life and online: I have a great group of friends that have always been a support system. I have this wonderful online group of friends that I met when I was pregnant with Cohen. It is amazing to have other mom's that are going through the same things. They are there to laugh with, cry with, pull your hair out with and bounce ideas off of when you are at your wits end.

7: Coffee, Cheerios, video games, Tylenol, Orajel, baby gates and anything else that keeps Cohen and Braedon entertained and happy :-)

And now I pass this award onto:

http://andbabymakesfour-makm.blogspot.com/

http://a-little-bit-of-us.blogspot.com/

http://serendipitymom.blogspot.com/


Alright ladies, what are YOU thankful for??

No comments:

Post a Comment