Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Twin fun!

We headed over to Amy's house today to help with her beautiful twins. Addison has been doing great with sleeping at night. Riley, however, not so much. I volunteered to come over and help out to see if I could help get Riley's scheduled flip by keeping her awake. Sara is exhausted as well because of Riley's schedule-one twin sleeping while one is awake. I also remember those first few months after having Cohen. I just wished someone would offer to come over for a couple hours so I could have a nap.

I tried to stay out of Sara's way and was just there to offer help if she wanted or needed it. I don't know if she appreciated my help or not..I may have just been a hindrance but we had fun anyway :-) Braedon went to spend the day with Uncle Colby in hopes that he will listen to his much idolized uncle about being nice at school and making lots of friends. Cohen hasn't been around the girls since he figured out this whole crawling thing so it was 50/50 if he would be more interested in scoping out this "new" environment or if he would be jealous like last time and go crazy with wanting attention. I'm happy to say he was more about playing-with the girls! He was loving on them, playing with their feet and hands and "patting" their head. It was so cute to watch. At one point, one of them was on their play mat and he wanted to stand up to reach the toys that hung down. So he was holding onto the little bars that go across and when he realized they moved, he was trying to use the baby to help prop him up. He was pushing on her leg trying to get that extra bump....needless to say, she didn't like it much LOL!

All in all, I'd say it was a good day. Sara got a slight nap-she played on the computer during the girls' naps and decided she should catch some zzzzz's about 20 min before they woke up. I did what I could before waking her up but Riley woke first so I fed her then half way through that Addison started stirring and 5 min after that, Cohen woke up from his nap. I only have 2 arms and 3 babies...I was completely outnumbered LOL!

Here are some pics..enjoy :-)

Riley-sleepy eyes
Photobucket

Riley-stay awake baby girl
Photobucket

Wide awake Addison
Photobucket

Photobucket

Cohen having fun playing
Photobucket

Amy and Cohen
Photobucket

Colby and the twins-he thought I was trying to intice him into making me an aunt sooner :-)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awww...you took good pictures!! I even look halfway decent in the picture with Cohen. I might have to steal that one.

    Thanks so much for being a good auntie to my girls. They love you so much for all the help. The pics you took really show how much they are starting to look alike, it is really scary. Thanks for all the travel info you found for me. I am starting to feel a little better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are REALLY starting to look alike wow. Still so precious too!

    ReplyDelete