Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cohen gets his own post :-)

Ok so I tried posting this last night but the video wouldn't upload. I figured I would wait until today but I'm still having problems uploading the video so I went through youtube.

Cohen has been getting used to Braedon being school just as much as I have. He must have been thinking that Braedon was getting too much attention on Mommy's blog so he had to show off :-) Let me first say that this age is so fun! He loves to play with everything and most of the time, he plays with things that aren't toys. He loves metal spoons-if there is one around, he'll find it LOL! He likes to help me with dishes and by that I mean crawl up onto the door and find all the spoons in the silverware holder. Sometimes he gets a fork and I have to take it away but he will go to town on the spoons...banging them everywhere and chewing on them. When he plays, you can just see the wheels turning in his head and I LOVE it! He has been pulling up onto anything for a while and cruising around but he is getting this whole walking thing figured out. He will scoot the bar stools all over the kitchen and just laugh. I posted yesterday that he discovered his push walked is more than just toys to play with. Of course I got it on video tonight after dinner and he just wanted to keep going. It won't be long now until he is full on running around the house. He loves that he can get around and I know he's just dying to be able to chase after Braedon.




Notice his little "jig" while walking? It is the cutest thing and he does it all the time! He will also do it "on command" when you say "wanna jumpa jumpa?" That was Chris' doing when he was in his jumper and now he does it anytime you say that.


Oh and he got yet another tooth today! That makes 6: 4 on top, 2 on bottom. That pesky tooth took it's sweet time getting here. It's been swollen for weeks and bothering him so finally it cut..thank goodness! Onto the sleep front. I would've sworn when he was born that he was just never going to sleep. I was really lucky with Braedon-he slept 7 hours the first night home from the hospital and that only got longer as he got older plus 1 nice long nap during the day. He would get up at 6:30, nap from 11-3, sometimes with a little cat nap around 5ish and in bed by 8. Cohen was not so good -but-he has gotten it figured out and I am so happy! He goes to bed between 7-7:30, wakes to nurse around 5-6 and then up for the day around 8 but with Braedon going to school, this has been altered and we are still trying to get used to it LOL! He usually takes a 1-2 hour nap about 10:30 but I started bumping that up since Braedon gets out at 11:30 and then another 1-2 hour nap around 3. I kept saying it would be great-especially once Braedon is in all day school-if he would take 1 long nap-say 4 hours-so I could get housework done. With 2 short naps, the nap is over before it starts. Well, ask and you shall receive-I really hope it wasn't a fluke. This morning, after dropping Braedon off, I dropped Chris off at home so he could go to work and I had a couple errands to run. I needed to go to the post office to drop a few things off and then to the grocery store for stuff for Braedon's lunches. We didn't get home until close to 10 and he was perfectly content playing so I let him-go figure LOL! He started getting cranky around 11 and I knew he wanted a nap but I didn't want to have to wake him up in 20 min like I did yesterday so I just played with him and tried to keep him happy. Well, once Braedon was home, it was play time and then he wanted lunch. At about 1:30 he was definitely cranky and rubbing his eyes so I nursed him and took him upstairs for a nap. I figured it would be longer since he had missed his "morning" nap. He slept and slept and slept! I had to wake him up at 5:30! I am not fond of waking a sleeping baby but it was getting too close to his normal bedtime and I just had this image of him waking up at 2am ready to play. He looked at me funny when I woke him up but he was more than happy to play and EAT once I brought him downstairs-have I mentioned this boy can EAT! Since Chris went to work late, he had to work late but I'm happy to say, my fear did NOT come true. Come 7:30 (ok so a little later than normal), he was cranky and ready for bath and bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that video is too cute! Cohen is a walking stud!!!I hope he keeps up with that nap schedule, that would be so nice for you once you go back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww too cute!! I love that there are babies Aiden's age who are at the same level its so cute!

    ReplyDelete