Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mystery Fever pt. 2

Cohen still has a fever and no rash as the doctor predicted. His fever was 102.3 when he got up at 6 this morning so I gave him some Motrin. I am continuing to let him nurse as often as he wants and my boobs aren't liking it! He is back to nursing like a newborn-every 2-3 hours and my body isn't used to it. I have noticed an increase in my milk though from the extra nursing sessions so that's good. I've been tracking his input vs output though and I'm getting a little concerned because his output is fairly small when comparing the two. Usually when I give him 4 oz of juice/water combo, he has a massive wet diaper within an hour or so. He had almost 4 oz with dinner last night and his diaper this morning was barely wet. I let him have another 4 oz this morning and his diapers are still just barely wet. He has also been nursing like crazy and still, barely wet diapers. I'm debating on picking up some pedialyte to help him with possible dehydration but I don't know what else I can do. I'm starting to get really nervous about this whole thing. I pray it's nothing but our bodies don't just develop a fever for no reason. The unknown makes me nervous. The ped said she can't see anything wrong with him but the fever tells a different story.

He just got up from his 2 hour nap and felt warm. His temp was 101.7 which is slightly lower than this morning. He is starting to look *sick*. He did yesterday as well but now it's starting to get worse-red eyelids, droopy eyes, just a general I don't feel good look on his face.

I really hope we can get some answers tomorrow. I hate to think that means drawing blood from my precious baby boy but we have to find out what is causing this fever. It's been 4 days now.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get some answers at his appointment. I do hope he is feeling better soon...poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete