Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2

Oh what a day it was! I woke up in a panic AGAIN but not because of nightmares LOL! It was almost 7am and Cohen hadn't been up yet. He's usually up between 4-5am, so 7 was a stretch. He must have been pretty tired-poor baby.

So we got up, got ready, I made Braedon lunch and breakfast and packed his bag. Braedon got ready faster this morning-he must've been excited-so we were still a little early. I let Braedon play in his toy room for a few minutes before we left. So now it was time to leave, I loaded up the kids into their carseats, made sure Braedon had his backpack and lunch, turned the car on, tried to put it in reverse....and it wouldn't go! It was like it was stuck so I turned the car off and back on..still nothing. I called Chris in a panic. Braedon's 2nd day of school and I had no way to get there. After almost 10 minutes of panic, the neighbor across the street-that I hardly know-came out so I ran over to ask him if we could get a ride up to the school. It turns out his youngest is starting kindergarten as well so he was headed up there..whew!

So I got him to school but I wasn't sure how I would be getting him home. I called my mom but she was going to be gone at that time, I called Namma but she had doctor's appointments. Great-stuck! Chris did some research and found out there is a plastic peice inside the shifter that is known to break in my car....FANTASTIC! While Chris was researching it from work, I called the dealership to find out a price to fix it. They told me exactly what it was but they couldn't fix just that peice; They'd have to replace the entire shifter thingy (I don't talk cars, can you tell?) and after parts and labor it would be close to $300...FANTASTIC!

Leave it to my husband to find an answer for cheaper :-) I love him! There is a company that makes just the part that broke but instead of plastic, it's metal so it won't keep breaking. The only problem is, we have to order it online and wait for it to come in. Why couldn't this have happened last week before Braedon started school. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get Braedon to school and back until we could get it fixed when Chris called with something he found. Someone figured out how to rig it to at least get you home or to the dealership and posted it online so he walked me through it. It will work until we can get the part in so I was able to pick Braedon up from school but I had to laugh because I had told him this morning that we may have to walk home. Once I picked him up, he didn't see my car and thought we had to walk-he was not happy LOL!

In other news, Braedon's day wasn't as good as yesterday. His teacher told me that he had some problems listening. She said he wanted to do what he wanted to do and wouldn't do what he was told. I told her about the problems he had at daycare and we are having the same problems at home. Right before Chris was laid off last year, Braedon was constantly getting in trouble for not listening. If the class was doing something he didn't want to do, then he didn't do it and proceeded to do whatever he wanted. Hopefully his teacher will be able to get him to listen better than the daycare and better than me for that matter. He gets sent to timeout at home and then continues to throw a fit getting him in more trouble. I don't know why he acts this way but I'm hoping for a solution soon.

A few more pictures from this morning-before the car trouble

Photobucket
Photobucket
Such a handsome boy--don't you think??

Oh and these were taken yesterday while I was making dinner. Apparently it was a rough day for Cohen having big brother at school LOL!
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a crazy day with the car, but it sounds like you guys will have it under control.

    Hopefully Braedon will figure out the school thing and listen to his teacher. I know that was a rough transition for me also. I was always in trouble. Ha ha

    Cute pictures. Braedon is so VERY handsome, but I am a little biased. So is Cohen and he looks wiped out! I still can't get over how light his hair is.

    ReplyDelete