Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 3

Third day is a charm, right? I guess we'll see when I pick Braedon up but so far so good :-)

I did NOT wake up in a panic this morning LOL! Braedon actually woke me up! He came into our room shortly after Chris got up to get ready. I'm not sure what time it was but it was still dark. Next thing I know, Braedon is waking me up: "Mommy"---"Mommy"---"yes?"----"Mommy, it's 6 o'clock"---"Ok bud, we're ok if it's only 6"---*I better check the time since he's still learning to tell time" Well, it was 6 *something* heehee It was 6:58 and he doesn't know that that really means it's almost 7 and we really need to get up. "Ok bud, it's time to get up. Mommy's going to get in the shower but I'd like for you to stay in here so you don't wake up your brother"---Yes, today yet again, Cohen was still asleep at 7. It didn't make me as nervous as yesterday but I still went and checked on him. He's taken to sleeping on his tummy which he's ALWAYS hated! I swore he was never going to crawl because he would just scream and scream if I put him down for tummy time and once he learned out to roll over, he was NEVER on his tummy.

So we followed the same routine this morning: took a shower, made Braedon's breakfast and lunch, nursed Cohen, got them both dressed, hair done and brushed their teeth and off to school we went...not late today since we sort of have the car problems temporarily fixed. We got to school a little after 8 so Braedon would have some play time before school started but apparently they were heading in early and had already lined up to go into the classroom. ARG! I guess we'll have to leave earlier tomorrow so he can play.

And now I leave you with this mornings pictures (yes I'm crazy-I mean seriously, what Mom takes a picture every day to mark the first week of school??) and I'll update with how his day went a little later today.

Photobucket
He's just too handsome and cool for words-but I'm biased ;-)
Photobucket
For Uncle Colby

And here's a couple of Cohen playing after dropping Braedon off:
Photobucket
Photobucket
He definitely still has Chris' skintone-though my mom and Colby have the "olive" tone as well-but MAN! his hair is getting so light! You'd think the dark hair would dominate but I guess I'm winning that one :-)

Update:

The boys are playing-Cohen misses him for those 3 hours-so I have a quick second for an update. The 3rd day was NOT a charm though Ms. Jimenez said he was "better". I knew something happened immediately. He came around the corner dragging his lunchbox, shoulders flopped over and his head hung but he wouldn't tell me what happened. As soon as he saw me, he sat down on the ground, buried his head in his hands and when he looked up, he had tears in his eyes. I don't get it-he knows when he is doing something wrong, he knows he will get in trouble for it, he knows it will make Mommy and Daddy sad...and yet, he still does it. We give him attention, we praise him when he's good, we give him *most* anything he wants when he's good (within reason of course) we warn him before we punish him and even tell him what the punishment will be if he continues but he still does it.

So today, he decided it would be *fun* to fling his lunchbox around hitting other kids while they were walking to the cafeteria and then refused to hold her hand when he wouldn't stop. She said he also *sulked* when he had to sit out for 5 min of playtime as a punishment. They also use a red, yellow and green light for behavior. She warned him that he was *on the verge* of going into yellow (but not there yet) which he did NOT like and she said he threw a fit about it. GREAT...She gave me some comfort when she said he was definitely better, she's seen a lot worse and she's confident that he will be fine "We just need to nip it in the butt now".

Ah, we shall see what tomorrow brings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment