Thursday, July 16, 2009

Waterpark fun

Yesterday we ventured out to the local aquatic center. It was our first visit there but it is next to the Library so we've passed it several times and Braedon had been asking to go. It was a LOT of fun though I got REALLY sunburned :( I was more concerned with keeping the kiddo's covered, I forgot myself. Anyway, the aquatic center had a splash pad area for younger kid's, 2 slides, 2 diving boards, a main pool area that was around 5' deep for free swimming, a whirlpool and a fairly large area that was 3-4' deep for the kids to just hang out in and play. Braedon had an absolute BLAST riding the slides more times than I can count and showing off his mad diving skills on the diving boards. I think even the lifeguards were impressed by his abilities in such a small body LOL! Cohen hasn't really taken to the water-other than his baths which he LOVES. I think it is because it is too big and he can't reach the bottom. We started our day with Braedon riding slides but Cohen was getting splashed a lot so for the most part, in the beginning, he was cuddled up on my shoulder. He finally got into it when we went over to the deeper part where it was quieter and watched big brother jump off the diving boards. Then he had fun on the steps while Braedon was riding the slides and in the whirlpool. All in all, it was a good day aside from my sunburn. I will definitely be more careful next time. Here are a few pictures. I couldn't take too many because I was worried about the camera with all the splashing.


Photobucket
Stopping for a water and sunscreen reapplication break


Photobucket


Photobucket
Having fun in the whirlpool


Photobucket
Going down the "scary" slide


Photobucket
Finally having fun :-)


Photobucket



Oh and Happy Birthday to me :-) 28, gulp!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...looks like the boys had fun. I didn't even know they had a place like that out there. I can't believe how far Braedon has come with his swimming abilities.

    I love the pictures!!!

    Happy brithday to you! Let me know how 28 works for you, I will be right behind you in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete